Espanol

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning at Maryland Hotel in Laurel-Garden Inn

Posted on behalf of Goldberg Finnegan, LLC on Feb 28, 2011 in Uncategorized

Due to excessive levels of carbon monoxide several hotel guests at a hotel in Laurel, Maryland (on Route 198 Fort Meade Road near BWI Airport) were taken to the hospital and diagnosed with carbon monoxide poisoning. Carbon monoxide (also known as CO) is a colorless odorless toxic gas that can cause severe brain damage and death. The exposure and danger sneaks up on victims because usually they do not even know that they were exposed. Exposure rates of over 100 ppm are dangerous to human health. Exposures at this Maryland hotel were apparently in the range of 175 ppm to 400 ppm.

If you or someone you know has been a guest at this Garden Inn Hotel you may want to get checked out by a doctor to be sure that you are ok. Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include headaches, vertigo, flu like symptoms and general cold symptoms. Treatment for exposure to carbon monoxide includes hyperbaric oxygen treatment at a hospital. Just last year in Maryland there was a $34 million jury verdict in Baltimore City for victims who suffered brain damage (even mild brain damage) due to carbon monoxide poisoning. If you or someone you know has been exposed to carbon monoxide call us for a free phone consultation at 888-213-8140. More importantly though, if you or someone you know was exposed GO TO the EMERGENCY ROOM IMMEDIATELY.

Back to Top


Call Us Toll Free (888) 213-8140
for your FREE Case Evaluation