Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Victims in Greenbelt Maryland
Posted on behalf of Goldberg Finnegan, LLC on Jul 07, 2010 in Personal Injury
Unfortunately, 11 people including five minor children have experienced carbon monoxide poisoning according to Prince George's County EMS. This was the result of a faulty water heater that, in all likelihood, was negligently maintained by the landlord. Those exposed to carbon monoxide may very well have a valid negligence lawsuit against the landlord.
For more information, call us at (888) 213-8140.
The Prince Georges County Maryland authorities were called to an apartment building around 3:30 pm on Thursday after a CO detector went off. Carbon Monoxide levels were about 30 times what is considered safe and permissible. Some of those exposed to the carbon monoxide were treated on the scene and others were taken to the hospital. I am surprised that they treated people at the scene.
When an individual is exposed to carbon monoxide, the treatment for carbon monoxide poisoning is high dose oxygen. In the more severe cases, hyperbaric pressure chambers of oxygen may be used. Individuals exposed to Carbon Monoxide should seek medical treatment right away at a hospital or emergency department. Carbon Monoxide poisoning can cause severe brain damage and even death. Because the signs and symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning are not specific, it is important to get a blood test if you have been exposed to carbon monoxide. Carbon Monoxide Poisoning is usually caused by gas water heaters, kerosene space heaters, charcoal grills, propane heaters and stoves, generators, cigarette smoke.
If you or someone you love have been exposed to carbon monoxide, and if you or your loved ones are among those exposed to carbon monoxide in Greenbelt Maryland, you should seek appropriate medical testing to be sure that there is no brain damage or other injury. A personal injury attorney at Goldberg Finnegan can help investigate the cause of the exposure and seek legal redress and compensation for your injuries resulting from carbon monoxide poisoning. We can be reached at (888) 213-8140.