What Can You Discuss with a Lawyer in a Free Consultation?
Posted on behalf of Goldberg Finnegan, LLC on Mar 10, 2020 in Personal Injury
Most reputable personal injury attorneys will provide potential clients with a free consultation and will not charge a fee unless they win your case. This is what is known as working on a contingency fee basis.
The lawyers at Goldberg Finnegan work on a contingency fee basis and we offer a free initial consultation for all potential personal injury clients. Call today to learn how we may be able to help you.
Learn more about how to prepare yourself for your free consultation and what questions you may want to ask about the legal process and other issues.
Get to Know Your Potential Lawyer
One of the most important reasons for a legal consultation is to get to know your potential lawyer. Both you and the attorney may work better together once you both learn more about each other.
Aside from getting to know each other, be sure to ask the lawyer questions regarding their experience representing other clients who may have been involved in a similar accident with similar injuries.
The lawyer will most likely ask you questions about the accident and your injuries. He or she may ask how you suffered the injuries, the damages you incurred in the accident, the person who caused the accident and if you were able to collect any evidence. The lawyer may then provide you with an honest evaluation of the situation, so you know what to expect moving forward, and whether you may have a valid case.
Questions to Ask
Some of the questions injury victims commonly ask in free consultations include:
- What kind of personal injury law do you have experience practicing? (There are various kinds of accidents that can happen. Make sure the lawyer you choose has represented clients in your kind of situation in the past.)
- What is your fee? (It is in your best interest to work with a lawyer who charges a contingency fee and not an hourly fee, which can become very expensive in a short period.)
- How much is my case worth? (After reviewing all the information you provide, your lawyer should be able to give you a better idea about what it may be worth.)
- Who will work on my case?
- How long will it take to resolve my case? (It can be challenging to pinpoint how long it will take for your case to be resolved. However, based on his or her experience, your lawyer should be able to provide you with an approximate timeline.)
- How do you handle communication? (No one wants to wait for days to have a phone call or email returned, especially when dealing with an injury. Find out during the consultation how the lawyer handles communication with his or her clients and if they have a policy in place.)
In addition to asking the lawyer questions, you can do your own research on the firm. Visit their website, read client reviews and case results. Read more on the lawyers at the firm. This will help to give you a better idea of the qualifications of the firm for your particular case.
Injured in an Accident? Schedule a Consultation with Goldberg Finnegan Today
The Silver Spring personal injury attorneys at Goldberg Finnegan are here to assist you in your fight for compensation, if we can validate your claim in a free consultation.
Schedule a free consultation today by phone (888) 213-8140 or online contact form. There is no upfront cost so there is no risk to you.