Traffic Intersection Accident Claims
Posted on behalf of Goldberg Finnegan, LLC on May 19, 2014 in Car Accidents
While traffic intersection collisions account for a large portion of traffic collisions, in many instances these types of accidents could have been prevented.
Driver negligence is often a contributing factor into many of these accidents, as is the inability of a driver to correctly determine the speed an distance of oncoming traffic.
Did you know that if you had a stop light accident or other crash at an intersection, you could be eligible for compensation to cover medical expenses, lost wages and more?
The attorneys at Goldberg Finnegan can help you in filing a lawsuit or damages claim for your accident. Our team provides you a completely free consultation to help you determine the next steps to take with your claim.
At Goldberg Finnegan, were here to help you get the compensation you deserve.
What To Do After A Traffic Accident
After your accident the most important thing to do is to record as much as possible. Memories can fade and often recall events differently compared to what actually happened.
Be sure to:
- Call 9-1-1 and report the incident
- Take photos of your vehicle, the opposing motorists vehicle, as well as any visible injuries.
- Collect the insurance and license of any other drivers involved
- Ask any witnesses for their contact information (phone number or email)
- Call Goldberg Finnegan for your legal representation needs
In many cases, your insurance provider may attempt to deny your claim or defer payment to you for as long as possible. When this happens, having a reputable law firm like Goldberg Finnegan by your side can be very helpful.
At Goldberg Finnegan, we understand how insurance companies fight traffic accident claims and with this in mind, we will conduct an investigation of the traffic crash and consider all evidence to build the strongest case for you.
We offer 100% FREE consultations that allow us to listen to the details of your accident and build a robust claim that can maximize the amount of compensation you are eligible for.
Intersection Accidents by the Numbers
- Forty-three percent of all motor vehicle accidents happen at intersections or are intersection related, according to the U.S. Department of Transportation.Traffic light accidents are one of the most common types of intersection crashes.
- In 2003 there were 1.9 million intersection accidents in the U.S, causing 1,000 deaths and 181,000 injuries. Red-light running accounted for 219,000 of these collisions.
- Half of all traffic crashes that take place in urban environments are intersection or red-light related.
- Roundabouts may prevent accidents better than stop lights or signs.
- Forty percent of all pedestrian accidents take place at intersections or lights that do not have crosswalks.
- A survey conducted by the U.S. Department of Transportation and the American Trauma Society showed that one in every three Americans knows someone who has been injured or killed by a red light-runner.
Contact Goldberg Finnegan Today for a Free Consultation
Goldberg Finnegan's auto accident lawyers have the expertise you need to fight for the maximum amount of compensation available to you. If you were hit at a red light, we understand that you're facing mounting medical bills and lost wages due to time away from work, and you need results fast.
At Goldberg Finnegan, we provide free consultations and we only get paid when we win.