Helpful Energy Drink Information
Listed below are a collection of articles and documents about the potential health issues that may be connected to the consumption of energy drinks, along with additional information from doctors and other industry personnel that have expressed their concerns over this issue.
- FDA Adverse Events Oct. 22, 2012 to Oct. 13, 2013
- May 6, 2013 Lawsuit: San Francisco v. Monster Beverage Corporation
- April 29, 2013 Lawsuit: Monster Beverage Corporation v. San Francisco filed April 29, 2013 in California Federal Court
- April 10, 2013 Report from Rep. Markey, Sen. Durbin and Sen. Blumenthal "What's All The Buzz About"
- March 29, 2013 Letter from San Francisco City Attorney Dennis Herrera to Monster Beverage Corporation Lawyers
- 3/25/13 Letter from Senators Durbin and Blumenfeld to Monster Energy CEO about marketing to children
- March 21,2013 Study indicating Energy Drinks May Increase Blood Pressure and Disturb Heart Rhythm, American Heart Association 2103 Scientific Sessions
- March 19 Letter from 18 doctors to FDA urging regulation of Energy Drinks
- March 2013 Article by Kevin Goldberg "Dangerous Drinks"
- 2/8/13 Letter from Monster Beverage Corp. Lawyers to U.S. Congress
- Update On Emergency Department Visits Involving Energy Drinks: A Continuing Public Health Concern, January 10, 2013
- New York Times Article About Energy Drinks October 26, 2012
- FDA Adverse Event Reports for 5-Hour Energy, Monster Energy Drink and Rockstar Energy Drink as of 11/19/2012
- FDA Adverse Event Reports for Red Bull Energy Drink as of 11/19/2012
- FDA Letter to Senator Durbin on Energy Drink Regulation dated November 21, 2012
- May 29, 2011 American Academy of Pediatrics Clinical Report-Children Should Not Drink Energy Drinks