Silver Spring Federal Tort Claims Act Lawyer

- Client Reviews

Federal Tort Claims LawyerIf you have been injured in some way due to negligence on the part of a government agency or an individual in a governmental profession, you could have an injury claim to be filed under the FTCA.

FTCA lawsuits can be lengthy and complicated, so it is important to consult a lawyer with experience in this type of litigation for assistance. At Goldberg Finnegan, our legal team can guide you through the process of filing an FTCA claim with confidence and compassion.

To find out how we can help, call us today at (888) 213-8140 or simply fill out the free case review form on this page.

There are no upfront costs and we are ready to help you today.

How do I Know if I have an FTCA Claim?

If an individual is injured by a government agency, under the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA) they have the right to bring a lawsuit or administrative claim against the government. Because the government is typically immune to being named in injury suits, the FTCA protects the rights of individuals who were harmed by a government agency and may need to recover damages for their injuries.

  1. Were you hit by government vehicle?
  2. Did you slip due to unsafe conditions in a government building?
  3. Did a government employee, like an FBI agent, cause your auto accident?

In all of these cases, the FTCA allows the victim to seek compensation and justice against the government for the harm that was brought to them. Department of Defense civilians and military personnel can be considered liable for FTCA claims.

A successful FTCA claim means the government will be held responsible for the injury. This means that the person who wronged the victim had to have been acting within their scope of employment at the time the harm was done. If this was the case in your accident, you may have a valid FTCA claim.

Filing an FTCA Claim

Personal injury, property damage, and wrongful death cases can be filed under the FTCA by submitting a Standard Form 95. The form will require a sum of monetary damages in block 12d; if a total amount of damage is not specified the form will be considered incomplete and will not be valid.

The injured person has two years to file this claim. The agency named in the claim has six months to investigate and reach a settlement agreement with the plaintiff. If the agency fails to investigate or settle the dispute, the plaintiff has the right to file a lawsuit with the U.S. Federal District Court. If the case progresses to this point the claimant will receive a trial by judge, not by jury.

Contact Our Silver Spring FTCA Claim Lawyers Today

Attorney Kevin FinneganThe FTCA attorneys at Goldberg Finnegan have the knowledge to handle your FTCA case. Injuries committed by a government agency or agent are as unfair as those committed by civilians, and the victims of these incidents deserve justice.

For free legal advice and help with your FTCA claim today, fill out the free case evaluation form on this page or call us at (888) 213-8140.

Our team of legal professionals are available to review the details of your claim and ready to help you today.

Back to Top

Call Us Toll Free (888) 213-8140
for your FREE Case Evaluation