Rockville, MD Personal Injury Lawyers Who Get Results
Contact our attorneys if you’ve been injured due to negligence
In Rockville and the surrounding area, claims involving negligence can quickly become complex legal cases. Whether you've suffered a head injury from a slip and fall accident or were harmed due to a defective product, your injury should be addressed promptly with the necessary medical care.
If required, seek treatment at Shady Grove Medical Center Emergency Room or another nearby hospital. After receiving medical attention, it's crucial to consult with a Rockville, MD personal injury attorney from Goldberg Finnegan.
With over two decades of experience, our dedicated legal team has been advocating for the rights of injury victims and their families in Montgomery County, gaining a deep understanding of the nuances surrounding injury claims and lawsuits. You can rely on us to guide you through the process.
What are common types of personal injury cases?
Common types of cases our Rockville personal injury lawyers handle include:
- Car accidents resulting from the negligence of other drivers.
- Medical malpractice cases, which involve injuries due to negligence by doctors and other medical professionals.
- Premises liability accidents, involving injuries occurring on another person's property.
- Incidents of dog bites and other types of animal attacks.
- Product liability injuries, stemming from accidents caused by defective or hazardous products.
- Train accidents, including injuries sustained on METRO, MARC, or other trains serving Rockville.
Who pays for expenses after an injury?
Maryland has an at-fault insurance system. This means the at-fault party is generally responsible for paying for your injury-related expenses.
Depending on the circumstances of your accident, the type of injury you sustained and other factors, the at-fault party responsible for paying for your accident could include:
- The driver who caused your motor vehicle accident.
- The owner of a property where your accident took place.
- A doctor or hospital that caused your injury.
- A company that manufactured the dangerous product that caused your injury.
- The insurance company for the at-fault party.
How much is my injury claim worth?
The answer to this question is simple. You should be financially compensated for all your injury-related expenses. What you might not realize is just how many expenses this may include:
- The cost of all medical care, including emergency medical treatments, follow-up doctor’s appointments and future medical care, including surgery.
- Property damaged in accident, if applicable.
- Replacement income if you need time off from work due to your injury.
- Lost future income if you cannot return to work due to a permanent disability.
Add all these expenses up, and your injury claim could easily be worth thousands of dollars or significantly more money. So, how do you know how much money you could be entitled to receive for your potential claim? Talk to a lawyer at our law firm in Rockville as soon as possible.
Can I file a personal injury lawsuit?
In most cases, you can file a lawsuit if your injury was the result of negligence. And you might want to do so if the at-fault party refuses to pay for your injury or denies your claim.
It’s also important to keep in mind that you only have a limited amount of time to take legal action. In most cases, you have three (3) years from the date of your accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. This deadline is known as the statute of limitations as described in Maryland Code Section 5-109.
However, just because you have three years doesn’t mean you should wait that long to take legal action. The longer you wait, the harder it often becomes to find the evidence you need to build a strong legal case.
Why should I hire a Rockville, MD personal injury attorney?
Although you may deserve it, securing fair financial compensation for your losses is not guaranteed. Often, the responsible party or their insurance company will go to great lengths to minimize or deny your claim. That's why having an experienced Rockville personal injury lawyer by your side is crucial.
Your attorney can diligently gather supporting evidence for your case, handle negotiations with insurance companies or responsible parties, and, if necessary, file a personal injury lawsuit in Montgomery County or the appropriate jurisdiction.
The stakes are high in many personal injury claims, so it's essential to give your case the best chance for success. Contact Goldberg Finnegan today to schedule a free case evaluation with a trusted lawyer at our Rockville law firm, conveniently located on South Washington Street near Montgomery County District Court.