Silver Spring Veteran Benefits Lawyer
Are you a veteran that is having difficulty obtaining benefits or has had a previous application denied?
At the law offices of Goldberg Finnegan, our veteran's benefits lawyers are ready to help with your claim.
Call us today at (888) 213-8140 or contact us online 24/7 via our free website contact form. There are no charges for your initial case review and there are also no upfront fees for us to handle your case.
Types of Veteran's Benefits Available to Veterans
- Disability Compensation (Service Connected Disability)
- Pension Compensation (Non-service connected disabilities)
- Dependent Benefits
- Health Care Benefits
- Special Monthly Compensation
Types of Benefits Available to Family Members of Vets
- Survivor Benefits (Dependency and Indemnity Compensation)
- Death Pension Benefits
- Educational Assistance
- Benefits to children born with certain defects to Vietnam Veterans Exposed to Agent Orange
What Do I Need To Claim My Benefits?
In order to receive a Service Connected Disability Benefit it must be established that the claimant is a:
- (i) a Veteran
- (ii) has evidence of a current disability
- (iii) a causal link between the disability and the military service
- (iv) degree of disability (known as a "rating") determined
- (v) and level of payment must be established
There are many different ways a lawyer or advocate can establish that a veteran's disability is service related.
These include: include direct evidence diagnosed during military service (contemporaneous diagnosis), aggravation of a pre-existing condition, statutory presumptions, secondary causation--result of or linked to another service connected disability, and medical negligence of the VA.
Estimated Monthly Veterans Benefits Payments
The monthly disability compensation rates depend on the percentage of disability and whether the veteran has a spouse and child.
By way of example only, the rates for a disabled veteran without children would be approximately as follows:
- 100% disability: $2,769.00 per month
- 90% disability : $1,661.00 per month
- 50% disability: $797.00 per month
- 10% disability: $127.00 per month
As a result of these presumptions, Veterans and their survivors may be entitled to disability compensation or survivor benefits for these diseases. The list of diseases that allow for a favorable presumption continues to grow.
For example, if a Vietnam Veteran has heart disease, Parkinson's disease or type two diabetes, those ailments and any ailments associated to those ailments will qualify the vet for benefits.
The VA is under contract with the Institute of Medicine and the list of associated ailments continues to grow. It should also be noted that certain disabilities in children of Vietnam Veterans are presumed to be service connected and due to agent orange exposure (e.g. Spina Bifida).
The list of recognized conditions includes:
- Type II Diabetes
- Ischemic Heart Disease
- Parkinson's Disease
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- All Chronic B-Cell Leukemias
- Many Soft Tissue Sarcomas
- Porphyria Cutanea Tarda
- Cancers including lung cancer, larynx cancer, prostate cancer, trachea cancer
- Hodgkin's Disease
- Multiple Myeloma
- Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma
Contact Our Silver Spring Veterans Benefits Lawyers Today
Since 1999, the lawyers at Goldberg Finnegan have been helping people obtain the compensation that they deserve.
There are no upfront charges for our law firm to handle your claim and your initial case evaluation is also free of charge.
We have a proven record of success and are ready to help you today.
For more information, call us today toll free or email us via our free website contact form.