Maryland Tractor-Trailer Accident Lawyers Who Get Results
Our attorneys know how to investigate crashes involving 18-wheelers
Tractor-trailer accidents are unlike any other truck accident on the road in Maryland. These massive trucks can weigh as much as 80,000 pounds when fully loaded. As a result, tractor-trailers can cause serious damage when involved in an accident on I-495, I-95 or another busy road in Silver Spring or another nearby Maryland community.
Made up of two sections, tractor-trailers can carry tens of thousands of pounds of cargo. While on your daily commute in Maryland, you may not think twice about tractor-trailer accidents, but being involved in one can change your life forever in a second.
Damage and injuries from tractor-trailer accidents can have significant effects on an individual, physically, emotionally, and financially. That’s why it’s important to have an experienced Silver Springs truck accident attorney on your side looking out for your best interests. The physical and financial toll of tractor-trailer accidents can cost a pretty penny, but with the right lawyer you can be compensated and worry-free. Let the Maryland tractor-trailer accident attorneys at Goldberg Finnegan take charge of your case and fight for the maximum compensation you deserve.
Why do tractor-trailer accidents happen?
Tractor-trailer accidents are a common sight on our highways, like U.S. 29. These accidents are infamous for their impact on traffic and people's lives. Whether a jackknife accident or rear-end collision, accidents involving tractor-trailers commonly happen due to the following reasons:
- Drowsy driving
- Distracted driving
- Reckless driving
- Mechanical failures
- Improperly loaded cargo
- Excessive loads
- Weather conditions
- Inadequate training
- Weather conditions
How to determine fault for a tractor-trailer accident?
Determining fault in tractor-trailer accidents can be deemed a challenge. Unlike average truck accidents, collisions involving tractor-trailers have the potential to have many parties at fault. An experienced Maryland tractor-trailer accident can investigate the truck driver's actions (speeding, distracted driving, or recklessness), the truck's maintenance history, and other factors that influence liability. Possible parties that can be found responsible for a tractor-trailer accident include:
- The truck driver: The truck driver's liability arises from their direct involvement in the accident, as their negligent actions, like speeding or distracted driving, may have been a primary cause of the collision.
- The trucking company: Liability can stem from factors like enforcing unrealistic schedules, failing to maintain the vehicle properly, or hiring drivers with a history of safety violations, which could have contributed to the accident.
- The truck manufacturer: The truck manufacturer might be held responsible when a mechanical defect or equipment malfunction, stemming from a manufacturing flaw, is a direct factor in the accident.
- Cargo loaders: Liability for cargo loaders may result from their involvement in loading practices; if improper cargo loading or overloading rendered the truck unstable, their actions could be a significant contributor to the accident.
- Maintenance and repair services workers: Those responsible for vehicle maintenance could face liability if their negligence or inadequate maintenance practices resulted in a mechanical failure that played a part in the accident.
- Other drivers: Other drivers can be held accountable if their specific actions, such as sudden lane changes or tailgating, caused or significantly contributed to the tractor-trailer accident by creating a dangerous situation on the road.
What damages can you recover for a tractor-trailer accident claim?
In the aftermath of a tractor-trailer accident, understanding the potential damages you can recover is essential for seeking appropriate compensation. Damages is a legal term used to describe financial compensation awarded to injury victims in negligence cases.
With the help of an experienced tractor-trailer accident, you can pursue the maximum compensation you deserve. These damages include a range of losses and expenses that may have resulted from the incident such as:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
Get the money you deserve after your tractor-trailer accident
If you've been involved in a tractor-trailer accident in Maryland, give your case the attention it deserves and seek help from a Maryland truck accident lawyer. At Goldberg Finnegan, our attorneys have experience investigating tractor-trailer accidents, uncovering crucial evidence to support our client’s case. We can help you secure the compensation you deserve, covering all damages so you can focus on what’s important, a speedy and full recovery. If you have any questions or concerns regarding a possible case, don’t hesitate to contact us for a free consultation. We're here to help you navigate your path to recovery.